Thursday, April 25, 2013

Italics


If my words were put on paper
They would be written in italics
Like a letter leaning over
My mind is full of unbalance.

If desire selects one thing
Sense decides another
Leaving a teeter-totter where
Swaying from one side to another,
I fall forward.

Though I may stumble
And sway
Like a sailor fresh off the sea
And onto a quaking San Francisco street
I move.

For a few steps in the direction
Of an image quite distant,
My tongue producing rhythm
Masterful lyricism;
Slick Rick and Andre
They make me a victim
To an imaginative mind.

Lunging again into the real
I quickly leave
Due to little appeal.

Again I strike it big
With fame and fortune
A California dream
Much different than truth
Of ghettos and smog
And more plastic
Than natural flesh,
But I disregard
Because I want the rest.

Until sense pushes desire,
And aggression starts a fight;
Beaten but not defeated
Strength pushes on
Stumbling to the left
Then leaning slightly to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment